Jump to the main content block


Division of Internship and Career Services

Division of Research Promotion

Division of Industry-University Cooperation & The Center of Innovation and Incubation


Division of Internship and Career Services




What is the grade evaluation method of the work-study internship course?

The work-study internship course consists of 4 courses and 4 stages. Every three months is a stage. Internship students in each stage must submit a work-study internship report. The internship results will be jointly evaluated by the industry supervisor and the school internship supervisor according to the course grading table (50% each)


Where can I inquire about overseas internship opportunities?

Overseas internship opportunities are subject to the needs of internship partner organizations. The R&D Office will regularly survey the companies that are willing to provide overseas internship opportunities every year, and notify relevant graduates of overseas internship information and accept student applications.


How to apply for proof of work-study internship program?

Students must go to the automatic payment machine on the first floor of the teaching building to pay the fee, and then bring the receipt to the Internship and Employment Guidance Team of the Research and Development Office in room 217 of the Innovation Building to apply for a work-study internship certificate.


What is the procedure for intern students to switch work-study practice organizations?

Students who want to apply for changing internship units must inform their tutors in advance, and after being approved by the tutors and department heads, they can fill out the "Application Form for Student Switching to Work-Study Practical Internship Cooperation Organizations and Termination of Internships" before resigning and switching to a new cooperative organization in order to continue to participate in the internship.


What is the submission process for the work-study practical internship report?

Intern students should complete a "Work-Study Practical Internship Report" every three months, and the content of the report will be guided and evaluated by their internship supervisors. The students' internship reports at each stage will be stored in each department for future reference after the internship is over and students return to the school.


How do I apply for credit for work-study internship courses?

Students who meet the following qualifications can apply for credit for work-study practical internship courses:

1. Obtain exchange students and double degree students status (one-year period).

2. Possess the status of overseas students and special education students.

3. Take Entrepreneurship Practical Practice (1) to (4) courses of the Entrepreneurship Practice Credit Program offered by the School of Management and Design.

4. Participated in the "Ministry of Labor's Youth Employment Pilot Program" before enrollment, and have more than one year of work experience.


How do I apply for reimbursement for travel expenses during internship visits?

The travel expenses of teachers’ internship visits shall be reimbursed in writing, and the teachers shall submit the application to the school within two weeks after the visit.


Where can I inquire about employment vacancies?

For the latest employment information and manufacturers’ recruitment information, students can visit the R&D Department’s employment counseling and employment information webpage. The R&D Department also cooperates with local governments to organize campus employment fairs and enterprise talent recruitment briefings every year to provide students with the latest information on job vacancies.


How do I sign-up for enterprise recruitment briefing?

In April and May of each year, the R&D Office will invite well-known enterprises to attend the enterprise talent recruitment briefing. Students who are interested in participating should be on the lookout for registration information of upcoming briefings.


How do I apply for a professional license award?

Students who have obtained professional certificates that meet the requirements of each department can apply for school awards. To apply, download the application form from the website of the R&D Department according to the type of certificate specified by the department (if you apply for a financial reward, you must attach the receipt), complete it and attach any relevant documents. It will then be sent to the Research and Development Office for processin.

Division of Research Promotion




What is the application process for a project.

1. Teachers need to register on the website of the NSTC.

2. The Research and Development Office announces the key points of the project and the deadline for internal applications.

3. Teachers complete the online application in the NSTC system.

4. The Research and Development Office compiles the project applications and sends them in a formal goverment letter to the NSTC.

5. The Research and Development Office informs the project review results via email.


What is the eligibility for Just-in-Time Review Project Application.

1.     Newly hired or current faculty members who have never applied for a research project from the NSTC may apply within three years of employment or obtaining a doctoral degree.

2.     Individuals diagnosed by a physician as pregnant, or in the continuous period of raising a child under the age of three who have not executed a research project funded by the NSTC.

3.     Male project leaders who are single parents or on parental leave without a salary to raise a child under three year of age, and have yet carried out a research project funded by the NSTC.


Can a student who just graduated continue to work on the project?

After graduation, students no longer hold their student status, and it is not easy to define their involvement in the project as either learning or working. Therefore, they cannot be rehired for the project after graduation until its completion.


Can a new student be hired as a part-time staff before completing the registration?

New students cannot obtain student status before completing registration. It is difficult to determine whether a student's involvement in the project is for the purpose of learning or working. Therefore, they cannot be hired as part-time staff before registration.


What are the conditions for hiring international students as part-time staff in NSTC projects?

The NSTC allows the hiring of international students as part-time staff in projects, but they must have student status in local universities or institutions.


What are the conditions for registering changes in research equipment fees in the online system?

If the cost of the equipment before or after the project change exceeds 500,000 NTD, it is necessary to register the change in the online system on the NSTC website.


Grant items (operating expenses, research equipment costs, overseas travel expenses) that were not approved in the original approved list of the project application.

You need to submit an online change request on the NSTC website to request the addition of any previously unapproved items. The NSTC will decide whether the additional budget will be granted.


What is the regulation on the diversion of funds.

If any budget of a grant item needs to be used interchangeably with other grant items due to the needs of the research project, the teacher can apply with digital signature. However, suppose the cumulative outflow or inflow of overseas travel expenses exceeds 50% of the initially approved amount for the entire duration of the project, the teacher must apply online through the NSTC website. Only with the approval of the NSTC can the funds be diverted.


When attending an international conference abroad, what should I do if the planned conference location is different from the one initially applied?

The teacher can apply via digital signature form. Once approved, the expenses can be covered by the original overseas travel expenses.


How can I request an extension of the project implementation period.

The teacher needs to submit an online application on the NSTC website. With the approval of the NSTC, the project implementation period can be extended up to one year.

Division of Industry-University Cooperation & The Center of Innovation and Incubation




How can faculty and staff apply for patents?

The application process for patents varies depending on the type of patent. Please refer to Article 6 of the "Regulations for Patent Application Grants and Maintenance Management" for detailed information.

Invention and design patents:

Office analysis → approval by the Director of the Research Center → registration by the R&D Office → submit the application to the legal office → approval by the Research Outcome Evaluation Committee.

Process for non-campus center members: office evaluation → submission of application documents → review by the Research Outcome Evaluation Committee → submit documents to the legal office for approval.

Utility model patents:

Departmental meeting → college meeting → registration by the R&D Office → submission of application to the office.


What are the documents required for patent applications?

The applicants should prepare the following documents: 1. Internal patent application form 2. Consent form for the self-payment ratio of patent application fees 3. Agreement on the distribution of inventor rights and income from research outcomes 4. Legal office evaluation.


What is the cost-sharing ratio for patent application and maintenance fees?

The cost-sharing ratio varies depending on the type of patent and stage of the process as per Article 7 and Article 11 of the "Regulations for Patent Application Grants and Maintenance Management."


How can students apply for patents?

Students must be enrolled in our university, with at least one of the patent inventors being a faculty member, to be eligible to apply. The student applicant should be listed as the first author, and the patent ownership should belong to the university. Please refer to the "Regulations for Student Patent Application Grants" for further details.


What types of funding are available for innovative product development?

Funding is available for research outcome commercialization, invention patent prototyping, utility model or design patent prototyping, creative concept prototyping, etc. The funding amount ranges from NTD$200,000 to NTD$1,000,000.


How can one apply for funding for innovative product development?

Applicants should fill out the project application form and conceptual project plan. After obtaining approval from the department or college supervisor, they should apply to the Industry-Academia Collaboration Division of the R&D Office. The applicant should attend the review meeting to present and answer any questions. Please refer to the "Regulations for Funding for Innovative Product Development" for more information.


How do I apply for industry-academia collaboration projects?

According to the "Regulations for Industry-Academia Collaboration Management," before undertaking an industry-academia collaboration project, the project leader and co-leader must sign the "Agreement for Industry-Academia Collaboration Project Leaders." The following documents should be prepared:

The industry-academia collaboration project application form, and the industry-academia collaboration project plan, which includes the project title, execution details, schedule, and budget. Ten percent of the total project budget must be allocated for the university management fee, with personnel, equipment, and operation expenses as separate cost categories. If the cooperation partner is a government agency or public enterprise, their own standards may apply.

The industry-academia collaboration project contracts should specify payment methods, project duration, rights and obligations of both parties, and other relevant matters.

The project leader should submit the project plan based on the content listed in the first clause. After obtaining approval from the department or college-level supervisor, it should be submitted to the R&D Office for consolidation and approval by the university president, followed by contract signing and other related procedures. Only then can the project be eligible for funding for industry-academia collaboration and other relevant measures.


How should teachers apply for research manpower subsidies for teachers implementing industry-academia projects?

According to the "Regulations for Subsidies of Research Manpower for Teachers Implementing Industry-Academia Projects," teachers who are members of school-level and college-level research centers are the priority recipients of subsidies. The required expenses for the following individuals can be covered by research funds or the remaining funds from industry-academia projects, with the school providing the same subsidies:

1. Salary of work-study interns, with a maximum subsidy of 200,000 NTD per person.

2. Salary of research personnel, with a maximum subsidy of 300,000 NTD per research assistant and 500,000 NTD per doctoral-level researcher.

Teachers applying for subsidies should submit the application form and the highest academic degree certificate of the hired personnel to the Office of Research and Development for review by the Administrative Council.


How do I apply for pilot research in industry-academia cooperation?

According to the "Regulations for Subsidies of Pilot Research in Industry-Academia Cooperation," faculty and staff of the university who have the intention of industry-academia cooperation with prioritized partner companies recognized by the university can engage in learning activities at partner companies. They may conduct pilot research before confirming the content of the industry-academia collaboration. Applicants should submit the "Application Form for Pilot Research in Industry-Academia Cooperation" and the "Concept Proposal for Pilot Research in Industry-Academia Cooperation" to the Office of Research and Development for review. The subsidy period is generally three months, and the subsidies mainly cover the principal investigator’s fees and operational expenses, excluding equipment costs. The maximum subsidy limit for the principal investigator’s fees is 30,000 NTD and 200,000 NTD for operational expenses.


How do I apply for technology licensing and transfer cases?

According to the "Regulations for Promotion of Research Results and Technology Transfer," applicants should fill out the "Application Form for Promotion of Research Results and Technology Transfer" according to the technology transfer application process, and submit it to the Research Results Evaluation Committee for review.


What are the qualifications for applying as an enterprises entering the Innovation Incubation Center?

A1. Anyone who meets the identification criteria for small- and medium-sized enterprises in the territory of the Republic of China that has a team who is willing to engage in a new product/technology research and development, or has a plan to establish a new business, can apply.


What documents are required for the application of stationing in the Innovation Incubation Center?

If your company wants to apply to be based at the Innovation Incubation Center, please prepare the following documents and submit them to the Center:

1. Application form

2. Business plan

3. Statement of consent for examination

4. Company establishment registration form

5. If the capital amount is more than NT$80 million, a copy of the frequently employed employees' labor and health insurance payment receipts should be attached.

※To download the application form: Please go to the center website > various forms > form download area to download http://incubator.mcut.edu.tw/p/412-1015-4260.php?Lang=zh-tw.


What are the relevant fees of the Innovation Incubation Center?

The relevant fees to be based at the Innovation Incubation Center are as follows (if there is any adjustment to the relevant charging mechanism, please refer to their official announcement):

1. Application fee for entry: NTD$3,000 (tax excluded).

2. Occupancy fee: depending on "virtual occupancy" and "physical occupancy.” The difference between the two is whether the organization rents office space on campus. The details of the charges are as follows; (1) Virtual occupancy: monthly maintenance and management fee starts from NT$3,000 (tax excluded). (2) Entity stationed: monthly maintenance and management fee starts from NT$1,000 (tax excluded), depending on the space. Three months’ maintenance and management fees must be paid in advance as a security deposit before moving in.

3. Industry-university cooperation fee: starts from NTD$6,000 (tax excluded) (the actual value is negotiable by both parties and signed on a separate contract).

4. Valuable instruments and equipment in the school: the fees will be determined separately according to the usage status of the individual tests.

5. Rebate: negotiated separately.


What are the resources and services provided by the Innovation Incubation Center?

The center provides the latest industry-government-university-research business information and various consulting services. The consulting services include legal, technical, R&D, marketing, personnel training, and financial assistance. It also often assists manufacturers in applying for government incentives and R&D subsidies, and others. Counseled by a full-time manager, the Innovation Incubation Center aims to give long-term assistance by providing the latest government subsidy information and helping solve the bottlenecks in the application process, such as consultations for proposal writing, matching industry-university-technical cooperation resources, talent cultivation, R&D alliances, and others to help your company construct the most complete and detailed plan, improve the chances of passing the application, and gather more resources for your company.


What kind of space does the Innovation Incubation Center have?

The Innovation Incubation Center provides rich software and hardware resources for established enterprises, such as offices, common studio, exhibition room, meeting room, pantry, photocopying area, rental of projector equipment, and others. The stationed space includes common studios and 6 - 33 pings of individual office space. Please contact the Center directly for space rental at 02-2908-4314 or 02-2908-9899 extension 3073.

※Please refer to http://incubator.mcut.edu.tw/p/404-1015-28673.php?Lang=zh-tw for actual photos.